Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Artisan Market at the Railyard!

This past Sunday was a day in my new role as a vendor!  
So exciting!  

Even though I only sold one item, the experience was educational and informative.


I first arrive just pass 8 in the morning to set up my booth.  As I was locating my booth with the organizer of the market, it was inspiring to observe how others worked to set up their booths for the day.  By the time it was 10:08 I was already kinda exhausted but the energy in the market from the vendors to the visitors was full of positive vibes and interest in the works for sale.  


Here are some photos from my booth at the Santa Fe Railyard Artisan Market.  
This market happens only on Sundays and other similar market also happens on Saturday during the same day as the farmers market a few yards down the road on opposite side of the railroad tracks.  



flyers for weaving workshops for both beginners and intermediate weavers as well as any weavers wanting to share their love of weaving with friends.

Here's my little grid panel tower with woven art on display 
along with woven art key fobs and tassels.  

It didn't quite hit me at first that how I set this up ended up costing me 3 additional panels of wall space to exhibit more woven work.  

My next show on the 29th of April, the booth set up will be redesigned to show more woven art hangings as well as my larger pieces.  As I had no choice but to laid it on the table which doesn't help to draw attention to it.  Wall hangings need to be place on a vertical wall space or hanging from something so check back on the 30th of April to see new photos of my second day at market. 

large woven piece "Snowy Arroyo Seco" was displayed on the table.


Along with the woven tapestries and other works were flyers of weaving workshops at two locations happening in the next two months.  Espanola and Taos for end of April and May respectively.

If interested in taking a workshop in either April or May... go to celticspiraldesigns.bigcartel.com
Just wow... almost forgot to include a photo of a weaving that was done during the market when time was slow.  

Cheers.. till next time

 photo signature_zps115f75f1.png

No comments: