Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Printmaking and fabric



In the past few month, a sense of restlessness has grown ever larger as the desire to print fabric using designs created by my own hands!   To prepare for the time when the time and place is aligned, I've scouted books on printing on fabrics, stamping on fabric using equipment and techniques such as Gelli plates, silkscreen, mono printing, foam stamps, ceramic stamps and more. There so much potential in making fabric designs that it's now a matter of time before I jump into the world of textile design!

I've been inspired by a number of artists on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and now Twitter.   So much inspiration and support is given and shared with a sense of community.  I'm looking forward to collaborating with some of these wonderfully talented individuals someday. 



Here are some books recently acquired for my collection...  







Let the adventure into textile surface design begin!  

Chat later!!!!


No comments: