Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Count Down to Korea: 28 days


Can't believe it's 28 days before flying off on a new adventure as a visiting art educator volunteer with Let's Art Youth Art in Seoul!  So excited that it's bonkers!  

The Republic of Korea has so much rich history in the arts and culture that my spirit is quivering in excitement and anticipation of exploring the layers of Korea's community of artists and craftsmen.  

In October of 2013, sewing had become my newest passion in my artists skill set. Exploring the world of fabric and textiles has been a rich journey in discovering the world of fabric patterns and fabric designs.  In the process of sewing and classes at "Sew to Speak", an amazing fabric shop on North High Street in Columbus I've had the pleasure of discovering imported fabrics from Japan, Korea and the UK!  I'm so excited to explore the textile community in Korea and hopefully Japan over few months.  

The following images below are works in progress followed by completed works such as aprons, pouches and more.  As you can tell I'm addicted to the sense of achievement that surrounds me when a work is successful.   






When searching for new fabric designs on Instagram on a range of artists like Geninne and Karen Lewis and a lines of fabric collections offer another path for my own development as an artist.  I would love to design my own line of fabric someday for use in my work.   


"Moody Blues" collection by Geninne for Cloud9 fabrics.  

Chat soon



No comments: