Monday, June 18, 2018

Macrame Awaking!!!

Ahh... Macrame is magic!

This past Saturday I learned how to do macrame at a workshop with Modern Macrame's Emily Katz who is on a book tour to promote her book The Modern Macrame: 33 Stylish Projects for Your Handmade Home.  

Emily is a creative consultant, interior designer, macrame instructor, artist, and instagram phenomenon.  Emily has taught macrame to thousands of people all over the world, and created custom installations and projects for well known brands.  

In person Emily is warm, kind and inspiring teacher especially for beginners of macrame.  I was fortunate to be able to transfer my Portland, Oregon workshop to Santa Fe, New Mexico when I wasn't able to attend due to Vertigo and a long road trip so imagine how excited i was when I returned home and two weeks later found out there was a Santa Fe Macrame workshop on the book tour.  

OHhh!!
 Heaven answered my prayers as I really wanted to learn Macrame ever since seeing hundreds of images of a few of my favorite Instagram accounts such as: 


There are many more to list but for now these are a good list to check out.  some are personal accounts but they are such talented artists that I had to share.  

Here are a few photos of my first macrame piece I made on June 16th while hanging with Taryn a weaver who generously offered to host the workshop at her studio.  Her work is absolutely gorgeous!  Check out her work on instagram at futurzulu.  

At home with sunshine later in the afternoon

with sunlight shining from the back

In the studio with sunlight dancing upon it

The material used in this macrame are cotton rope and a silver/grey and white combo which is cotton and linen blend.. I so LOVE this!

Already working on creating a macrame keychain... stay tuned for more 

 photo signature_zps115f75f1.png

No comments: